Language Testing Portal
The Official Language and Bilingualism Institute’s language tests are designed to assess your second language proficiency. They consist of a multiple-choice listening and reading test. In some cases, you may be asked to complete an additional grammar or writing test.
The practice test will familiarize you with the test format. Please note, you will not receive any results at the end of the practice test.
- A computer with speakers or headphones. If you don’t have this, you may complete the test at the Julien Couture Resource Centre.
- Allow two hours, but you may finish the test more quickly. You may not close the test and return later.
- The test will work best with a high-speed internet connection.
- You will need at least Version 9 of Flash to hear the audio files.
- The test instructions will automatically appear in the language being assessed. If you would like to view the instructions in the other official language, you must click the bilingual button at the top of the screen before you start each section of the test.
- At the end of the test you will see a test results page, please print or save this page.