The University of Ottawa Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute (OLBI).
FLS/FLS elementary and secondary teachers of Core French, Extended French, intensive French and French Immersion. Participants should have the linguistic capacity to work in French throughout the program.
Teachers of Intensive French and of French as a Foreign Language (EFL) are also welcome.
Workshops, guest speakers and instructional time on:
- Use of pedagogical tools;
- Integration of the four skills (Speaking, listening, reading and writing);
- Teaching of grammar in context;
- Evaluation in L2;
- Feedback and practices application.
Plus special presentations on three important themes:
- Integrating French culture in the classroom;
- Using technology in second language teaching;
- Language training sessions.
The program will also feature guest speakers.
July 8 to 19, 2013.
- University libraries, OLBI Julien Couture Resource Centre, and Faculty of Education Resource Centre;
- Writing Centre and audio-visual laboratories;
- University centre, boutiques and convenience store;
- Family Component - includes access to university sports facilities, and Gee-Gees Summer Camps for kids;
- Daycares (PDF).
- Includes French-focused museum visits, National Arts Centre performances, and regional events available in the National Capital.